- Gave tours at the Main Library,
- Worked the Information Desk at the Main Library,
- Became a Computer Station Docent
- Met Linda Metcalf the Librarian Manager at Ross-University Hills who accepted 'the docent nobody wanted',
- Worked with the inaugural Seniors Online Class at Ross-University Hills branch of DPL
- Continued Seniors Online classes for 15 years with 9 classes each year held 1 per month September through May
Before Tech for All was formally launched, Rose Keating trained and became a docent at the Denver Public Library. It was there the inkling of Tech for All began to form. While volunteering at DPL, Rose:
The Seniors Online classes were always full of students waiting for a teacher to appear and there was always a wait list.
During one class in 1997 at University Hills, a power failure was experienced about 5 minutes into the class. So there were about 17 seniors who had waited to be in the class and then had no ability to use the equipment and no restoration of electricity in sight. Rose said she could talk for 45 minutes about the internet. She did and thus 'How to buy and set up the computer you need' was created.
Founder of Tech for All
... loves to cycle and buildyourtour.com, working with her husband at Colorado Pharmacists Society and being Tech for All's 'web-ster.'